Do I Qualify?
Simply put…in addition to meeting federal law requirements you must:
1. Be 21 years of age.
2. Not have been deemed insane by the courts in less than five years.
3. Not be subject to a restraining or protective order.
4. Not be convicted of a felony or a fugitive from justice.
5. Not have been convicted of two or more misdemeanors within five-year period preceding application, if one of the misdemeanors was a Class 1 misdemeanor.
6. Not be addicted to drugs, or be an unlawful user or distributor.
7. Not have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States.
8. Not have been convicted of any assault, battery, sexual battery within three years.
9. Demonstrate competence with a handgun by completing a state-approved firearms training course. This course may not meet the states requirements. But it will meet Maine’s requirements for a Non-resident permit that will fully cover you in Virginia.